Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kellogg Promotion at Homeland

This week Homeland, our local grocery store, has an amazing Kellogg Promotion going on. This is a perfect time to show you how I get great deals.

Select cereals (Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Rice Krispies, Mini Wheat, etc) are on sale 5 boxes for $12. It was the 22 oz boxes I believe. When you buy 5, they automatically deduct $5 making them 5 for $7.

Select snacks (Keebler cookies, Cheez It's and other crackers, Gummy Bear things, Scooby Snacks, Rice Krispy treats, etc) are also on sale 5 for $12 with the $5 deduction for buying 5.

Now, if you buy 10 items, it also gives you a catalina (white with red stripes coupon that prints at the register) for $10 off your next purchase.

In addition, this week only, they have a customer appreciation coupon on their website for $2.36 off any purchase (there is reasoning behind the amount, but it isn't applicable here so I won't go into it).

At the front of the store, they have a Fuel for School display set up with most of the sale merchandise on it, and there are coupon booklets there with various $2 coupons in them, good for other merchandise when you buy certain Kellogg products.

I also had some Kellogg brand coupons from the Sunday papers and some I got online.

Deal: Bought 3 Froot Loops and 2 Apple Jacks for $7. Had a coupon for $1.25 off the froot loops when you buy 3, and a $1 off 2 boxes of Apple Jacks that was doubled.

This made this 5 boxes total $3.75

Then I bought 2 boxes of Cheez Its, 2 packages of Keebler cookies, and one package of cinnabon breakfast bars for $7. I had a coupon for $1.50 off 2 boxes of Cheez It's, another for $1 off 2 Keebler Cookies, doubled for $2, and one for $1 off the cinnabon bars, doubled for $2.

This made these 5 boxes total $1.50 (Total at $5.25)

I don't remember which combination matched the Fuel for School coupons, but one was for $2 off a gallon of milk (on sale for $1.99 so it was free), one for $2 box of store brand baggies (also $1.99 so free), and one for $2 off school supplies ( I got 4 boxes of Crayons on sale for $0.50 each, so they were free).

I also had a coupon for $1 off a Sure deodorant which doubled for $2 on sale for $1.50, so I have a $0.50 credit) (New total $4.75)

They sell Red River Ranch beef products here, and there is a coupon on that companies website for $2 off any product. It is good one per visit thru 12/31, so I use on of these on every visit. This visit I needed ground chuck for hamburgers, and I got a pack for $2.36 - the $2 coupon, so it was $0.36 for almost 2 lbs of beef) (New total $5.11)

I also had a coupon for Libby Vegetables, which I got from RedPlum online recently, and printed two, good for one free can of Libby Vegetables, good up to $1.49, so I used it on the large can that cost $1.50. (New total $5.12)

Then I had a coupon for some frozen rolls that I got through the SendEarnings link to Coupons.com good for $1 off, which doubled to $2 that were priced $1.99, so they were free. (sorry, can't remember the brand name.)

Then I had a coupon good from Nabisco from their facebook page good for one free package of Nabisco cookies when you buy a package and a gallon of milk. I had the milk free from the deal above, and the cookies were 2 for $4, so I got Aaron one pack of Oreos and one pack of Chips Ahoy for $2. New total ($7.12).

Finally, I had a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase from being an email subscriber to the Homeland Website, which they scan before all other coupons, so it brought the total to ($2.12 and tax was $0.20 so the grand total was $2.32) and I got the $10 catalina for my next visit. This is how I stock up on food and snacks to try and hit Aaron's calorie count. I will be going every day and getting the 10 products because the expiration on the items is well into 2011, not that it's much of an issue the way these boys eat.

No comments: