Saturday, August 7, 2010

I survived!

I am alive following the Sacroiliac Joint Block. I will say for future reference, that if I EVER have to have another block injection, I will INSIST on more than just a local anesthetic. It was not enough! That being said, the pain in my back and leg are so much better. My hip is still very sore at the injection site, but hopefully that will improve in a day or so. She only used 1/2 of a cc of iodine in the contrast dye, and used an alternative surgical prep solution, on top of a week's worth of 50mg Benadryl and 50 mg Prednisone every 4 hours, so hopefully there won't be the delayed allergic reaction I have had in the past! So far it is looking good. I have had a fever of 100.8 and a sore throat, so hopefully I didn't pick up any germs at the hospital:/

No comments: