Friday, September 10, 2010

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

I recently signed up to be a reviewer from BookSneeze, and the first title I selected was Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make A Difference. I had no idea what type books they offered, buy was very excited to see this one available because I am a huge fan of Max Lucado's work. I received a complementary copy earlier this week (though all opinions expressed are 100% mine) and sat down to read it yesterday. Needless to say I didn't get much else done around the house, because I was captivated by this book from page 1.

This book is about living the best life possible, since we only have one life to live. You can never get back yesterday, so make sure that the actions you take in the present and future, are the best you have to offer. Max Lucado never fails to inspire, and in this book, he starts with a fable before Chapter 1.

This book was more than interesting, it was captivating. I started out wanting to summarize the fable to share with you, then got the same feeling for every chapter as I read it. The best point he makes in this book, in my opinion, is that anyone, regardless of circumstance can make a difference in the world. Some of the greatest influential people that have ever lived have been from modest or poor means. It isn't about how much money you have or even who you know. It's about how you live your life, the affect you have on others, and the legacy you leave behind. This book absolutely has the potential to rock your world, so be prepared for that when you read it. I would absolutely, unequivocally recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is willing to to make the difference.

On a side note, I noticed on the jacket of the book that 100% of the author's royalties  from this book are being donated to World Vision and other compassionate ministries around the world. He is practicing what he preaches. Literally. You can purchase Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make A Difference today from Amazon.com.

6 comments:

Coupon Mamacita said...

Following you from Saturday Stalk for Savings!!

www.CouponMamacita.com

Fuyume said...

found u through sat blog hop :) im following xx

Chana said...

I'm your newest follower from the Sat blog hop! Hope you will return the favor on my blog:)
http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com

Alyssa said...

I'm a new follower! Hope you'll come visit me at She's Mommafied!

Kimberly said...

I really enjoyed reading this one!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting... I am now following yours and looking forward to reading more of your stuff.
All the best,
Kim

Tiffany said...

I loved that book too! It was my first book from Booksneeze too! Did you choose your second yet? Mine is one about marriage. I will be back to read your next review.

I'm following you back from MomsReview4You blog hop.

Take care!