Sunday, September 26, 2010

Soy Joy Review and Contest

A few years ago, when I first started getting into the "Drugstore Game" and working their sales and coupon combinations, a product that was frequently part of many deals was SoyJoy bars. When I first purchased them, I was pleased to be able to buy nutritious snacks for the boys at such great prices. But, upon trying them, Aaron and Joshua wouldn't eat them. Logan, however, LOVED them. He always got excited to see these in the cart because he knew he was the only person in our family that liked them. Understandably, it has to be challenging to get so much nutrition packed into a bar, and have it still taste good. Apparently, people have been honest when giving SoyJoy feedback, and they have heard us AND responded! This month, they released the NEW and IMPROVED bars. The company sent me 6 bars, 2 of each flavor, one for us to keep, and the second to pass on to a friend, to test and review. Logan was ecstatic to see this package arrive, and I had to quickly hide the bars we were sharing so that they made it to my friend!

I got each family member to taste the new bars, and we were pleasantly surprised to see that they did in fact have a lighter, texture that was moist and not so dry, and they seemed to have a more noticeable fruit flavor. Good news for most of us (Aaron and his mega calorie count not included) is that each bar contains 140 calories or less! Of the flavors they sent us, Banana, Strawberry and Blueberry seemed to each be the favorite depending on what they were eating at the time. My friend and her kids also really liked them. She said that they didn't care for the original bars, and I had to convince her to try them again, but she is a health food fanatic, and she finally agreed to take just one bite.....which led to the whole bar, HAHA. So I urge you to give them a second chance. I believe I saw a coupon for them in a recent circular, and they are frequently on sale at CVS I know, so be on the lookout for a deal, and pick some of these up and give them a second chance!

Now for the Contest! Sorry, it isn't here on my blog, but it is on the SoyJoy Facebook page. Here are the deltails:

"In celebration of the new SOYJOY and in the spirit of second chances, SOYJOY is also hosting the "Second Chances" contest. Starting September 13, visitors to their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/soyjoy) can enter to win one of three $1,000 prizes by briefly telling their own personal story about a time they did not make the best first impression but, with a second chance, turned it into a joyous ending"

“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of SOYJOY and received samples of their nutritional bars to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central also sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate, however all views expressed are true and 100% mine.”

No comments: