Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earthquake!

This morning, I got Aaron started on his writing assignment, and came over to the computer to work on a couple of posts I have saved as drafts. About 5 minutes later the floor started shaking. Sometimes this happens when large delivery trucks, school buses, or trash trucks come down our road, so it wasn't out of the ordinary, but it was more noticeable than normal. Seconds after that, the house shook so hard it sounded and felt like a car had crashed into the house! I hurried to the front window but didn't see anything. The house was still shaking slightly, but there were no cars or trucks in sight. I called my husband at work, and they felt it too, so we knew it was an earthquake. So far, there have been no reports of injuries, but it was a 4.5 magnitude centered about 6 miles east of Norman, OK where the University of Oklahoma is located. I can't imagine how it felt to be closer because we are about 30 minutes away from there!

1 comment:

LyndaB said...

Popping in for Welcome Wednesday and.. yikes! Here's hoping that's the last of excitement for today!