Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hershey's

I am such a picky eater, that people often don't believe it. My pickiness extends to my candy preferences to the delight of my children and husband. My favorite two candies to eat are Kit Kat and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I will eat a few others, but typically just defer to the men in the family. I was intrigued to see that:

"According to a national survey conducted by The Hershey Company, personal candy preferences may provide insight into Halloween costume choices. According to the survey:
  • About 30 percent of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Kit Kat Wafer Bar and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate lovers will do the monster mash this year as a vampire, witch or monster.
  • Fans of Twizzlers Twists may get the chance to show their dance moves as they twist the night away dressed in garb from the 1950s. More than 41 percent stated they plan to dress-up in period piece costumes from different eras of the 20th century.
  • Jolly Rancher lovers will most likely sport a cape on Halloween, as 23 percent expressed a desire to channel superhuman powers as their favorite superhero."


When it comes to Halloween, one of us takes the kids to a few houses on our street, and the other person stays behind to handout candy to trick or treaters. The whole family joins in when we all return. In the past we have gone to "Trunk or Treat" at the civic center and/or local churches hosting fall festivals, but recently they have gotten too crowded for Aaron to tolerate, so we have gone back to the old fashioned method. We still get hundreds of kids because we live in a neighborhood full of children.


 

Hershey's has set up at website to Celebrate With Hershey's and they have Halloween information there.  **Note: when I visited the website I also noticed a COUPON on the first page, so be sure to print one out while they last! It also has pumpkin stencils, recipes, craft and costume ideas, e-newsletter sign-up, products, classroom resources, and other fun stuff!**





I am also compelled to confess that while I did intend to publish these thoughts here, I hadn't planned to do so until closer to the end of the month. However, this afternoon I came across a contest for a Hershey’s Halloween prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club when you post about their Halloween website promotion. So, I am happy to share this information early in hopes of winning a candy prize pack!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hi there I just found your blog link when I was posting on another blog. I think your blog is great... I'm a new follower and subscribed to your RSS feed. I would love for you do to the same :)

http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

Thanks and Keep in touch!
Rose