Friday, October 15, 2010

New Product: Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce

I am pretty sure that I am not the only mother who has issues getting her kids to eat all of their vegetables. Part of our problem is that I don't like most of them either! Sometimes it's the taste, other times it is the texture. With Aaron and his issues, it is usually the texture. Because he has so many medical issues, including Failure to Thrive, and the fact that he has special dietary needs, it its critical to get nutrients in him. To combat our difficulties, I have been using my blender to puree vegetables and sneak them into sauces and recipes for quiet some time. Ragu has recognized that this is a common problem in families, so they have revamped their Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and it is now thicker and has 2 servings of veggies in every half cup!  We use this as a base for our homemade spaghetti sauce, and I have to say that my kids eat well over a half a cup, so they will certainly getting some secret vegetables added to their diets! We use a tomato based sauce at least 2-3 times per week in our home. I checked at my local store this afternoon, and this wasn't available yet, but the manager said he was expecting the new product soon!

I found a delicious looking recipe on their page that I thought I would share with you as well:

RAGU NO FRYING CHICKEN PARMESAN

Ingredients

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs.)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
  • 1 jar (1 lb 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
  • 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 12 ounces pasta, cooked and drained


Directions

Preheat oven to 400°. Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture, turn to coat. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with hot pasta.
Preparation time: 20 Minute(s)
Cook time: 30 Minute(s)
Servings: 6

When I went to facebook.com/ragusauce I saw that they have a sweepstakes going on:
Upload a photo of your favorite meal made using Ragú® for a chance to win* a Ragú® "Meal Makeover" Kit!




"Disclosure: I was entered for a chance to win a Ragú® prize package in exchange for this post.  No monetary exchange took place."

3 comments:

Lisa ~ TheScrapPrincess said...

Hi Karen
I Saw your post on Mom Bloggers so I am now following you - stop by my blog too if you get a chance :)
http://www.ctcouponchic.com

A Daddy Blog said...

That's good to know about the new Ragu sauce. I worry about all of us getting enough nutritious food. Using your blender to puree vegetables and sneak them into sauces and recipes is a great idea. Thanks for your comment on my humble little daddy blog. I'm going to be sure to follow you as soon as I post this. Have a great weekend.

--Michael(aka: adaddyblog.com)

K said...

New follower. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
~K
kscouplacoppers.blogspot.com