Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Treasure Your Chest

October is one of my favorite months of the year. I always look forward to the temperature finally getting cooler, football season!, and the leaves changing colors. It is such a beautiful and gorgeous time of year. However, as I have previously mentioned, it is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I do love to see all the pink filling up the grocery store.

I came across a video at MomSelect, where they have chosen to help spread the word about how one of my favorite women, Giuliana Rancic, has teamed up with Lindsay Avner to help encourage moms everywhere to "bond with their breasts!" Lindsay Avner is the founder of the non-profit organization Bright Pink, and she and Giuliana made a live webcast entitled 'Treasure Your Chest'  to fight breast cancer. They demonstrated for women how to do in an exam, in a way that only Giuliana could get away with on a webcast, lol. It was hosted by Orbit White Bubblemint gum.  

Time is running out to see the video, as it is only available online through October at www.Livestream.com/TreasureYourChest. I encourage you to stop by and "watch as Giuliana and Lindsay share (and show) tips for how young women can be proactive about their breast health, including bonding with their breasts regularly."

treasureyourchest

"MomSelect and I think this video is a must-watch for every female! That's why we're spreading the word to increase views. If you're interested in sharing this video with your readers, we encourage you to embed it on your site. As we all know, early detection is the best prevention!" I'd also encourage you to forward this post to the women in your email address book that you care enough about to want to help them remember to perform their self-exam.

Also, as a proud sponsor of this campaign, Orbit White is donating 10 percent of every pack of Orbit White Bubblemint gum sold in September and October, up to $75,000, to Bright Pink. ***By helping promote this video, I am entering myself into a contest to win a year's supply of Orbit White Bubblemint Gum***

As a busy mom myself, who is also quite modest, I know this is a topic that many women are still uncomfortable talking about, and it can be hard to remember to do your exams. However, I have seen what happens to women affected by Breast Cancer, and I care enough to get over my modesty issues to ask that you please all select a day of the month to mark on your calendar to remind you to perform your monthly examination. Early detection is key to winning the battle!

2 comments:

Emma's Lunch said...

I'm your newest follower :) please stop by Emma's Lunch when you can

Elle said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I agree with you, women need to be better about taking care of their bodies and spend a few minutes doing a breast exam. This month has encouraged me to start doing my exams so that I can be the best example for my daughters. http://CleverlyChanging.com