Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BlissDom

I have been reading all the fascinating posts from my Canadian blogging friends that were fortunate to be able to attend the most recent BlissDom Conference that was held in Canada. This is such an amazing conference that is full of blogging educational workshops, and networking opportunities. The next BlissDom Conference is scheduled to be held in Nashville, TN Jan 26-29, 2011. This is just up the road from where all of my friends and family live, but quite a distance from Oklahoma.

If you have not heard of BlissDom,  it offers workshops on how to effectively manage all of your social networks as a blogger, writing workshops, brand partnerships, and personal strategy. Blogging is a platform that can be a legitimate work at home opportunity for moms, that is as big or small as you allow it to be. As the seasons of our lives change, so does the atmosphere of our blogs. While I know the basics of how to manage my blog here on the Blogger platform, I am no expert on adding any features not included in my design. I would love to attend a workshop, and see first hand how to make some minor changes to improve the look and functionality. I also know that if I want to be able to bring to you some of the larger product giveaways and other brand related features, that I need to be able to go to a conference and meet with reps from these companies and PR firms, and develop a network of professional relationships.

While I would love to be able to attend this conference, I just cannot justify the expense right now. The early bird registration fee is $349 alone, plus the cost of travel and hotel. However, One 2 One Network is graciously holding a contest to pay for THREE people to attend the Conference. While winning the Grand Prize would certainly make things the easiest for me to attend, the distance is drivable for me, and I am sure that I have a friend or two in Nashville that would let me sleep on their couch if I didn't win the hotel package (haha, LOL).

As of right now, there are about 700 entries into the contest, and it just started yesterday! To up my chances, I am entering each of the entry methods, because I know I can't win if I don't enter;) If you would also like to enter to win a chance to attend BlissDom, I have pasted the contest information below.


The PRIZES:
GRAND Prize: Full conference pass (includes Wisdom Workshops), 3 nights at the Opryland Hotel, AND airfare/travel to the conference (up to $500)!!! A $1500 value!
FIRST Prize: Full conference pass (includes Wisdom Workshops), 2 nights at the Opryland Hotel!! An $800 value!
SECOND Prize: Full conference pass (includes Wisdom Workshops) A $500 value!
To be ELIGIBLE to enter:
(Eligibility requirements will be verified before prizes are awarded.)
To ENTER the contest:
Leave a comment telling us what you hope to learn at BlissDom ’11.
For ADDITIONAL entries:
  1. Tweet the contest: I want to go to #blissdom with @One2OneNetwork! http://bit.ly/O2Obliss
    Leave a separate comment with the URL to the tweet.
  2. Post on Facebook: I want to go to BlissDom ’11 with One2One Network http://bit.ly/O2Obliss (Please tag One2One Network in your post so that we can see it!) Leave a separate comment telling us you posted on Facebook.
  3. Blog about the contest – Let your readers know about this incredible giveaway! Write a post on your blog about the contest or why you want to go to Blissdom, and leave a separate comment with the URL to the post for another entry!
Each additional entry requires a separate comment. Twitter and Facebook comment entries are limited to one per person.

Contest will run Tuesday, November 9th through midnight (EST) Monday, November 29th.

Winners will be selected by a random number generator. Winners will be contacted via e-mail and have 48 hours to respond. If a response is not made, another winner will be chosen. Winners will be announced on our blog no later than Friday, December 3, 2010.
If you are selected as a winner of the contest and you have already purchased a BlissDom ticket, we will work with you regarding your options.
We are so excited about this giveaway! And we’re very much looking forward to sending three of our members to BlissDom ’11.

1 comment:

Malia said...

Thanks for your post! Good luck!!