Monday, November 1, 2010

Can you make your teen smile?


Way back when I was in elementary school, I had braces. You know, the horrible silver braces that you had to go get tightened at the orthodontist a couple of times a month. The kind that gave me a phobia of all things dental related. However, as an adult you have to get over that fear and take yourself to the dentist. Then you have kids, and you get the added responsibility of taking them to the dentist. When you have had a traumatic experience with braces yourself, it is difficult to stay positive when you realize they are going to need braces.

It is nice to now that times have changed though, and that now there are "invisible" braces offered by Invisalign. Invisalign aligners are not only more preferable for just cosmetic reasons, they are also safer with no wires or metal brackets involved! I know that I still have damage from the wires from my braces that I had almost 25 years ago:( I eventually need to get braces again, since I had so many issues with my set as a child, that did not work properly. I had decided to live with my teeth the way they are, but I have seen some people I know with the Invisalign, and they say they are so much better. After researching them and reading the material for myself, I am inclined to believe them. There are adult and teen treatments available. Both of the treatments are much shorter than mine was, running at about 9-15 months, and the cost is comparable to traditional braces, and is covered under many dental insurance plans.

Invisalign aligners are popular with teenagers because it safely allows them to continue in sports programs they are involved in, they can continue to play musical instruments with ease, they are much more comfortable than traditional braces and can be removed for oral hygiene, and are less noticeable than traditional braces.

Invisalign is currently hosting a Make Me Smile Challenge. Each month for three months, you can see what the challenge of the month is, then record a video of 30 seconds or less to submit. You can enter as many times as you want! There will be monthly winners, and a Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will get the Ultimate Hollywood Experience! Details are on the Challenge website.


I am bringing you this post as part of a Mom Bloggers Club program, where we share helpful sites and information with other Mom Bloggers!

No comments: