Thursday, November 11, 2010

International Girls Day

This Saturday, several chapters of my sorority, Kappa Delta, will be joining together and hosting an International Girls Day Event in Memphis. These girls have worked very hard to plan this event, and even won a grant to help cover the costs, so that the event can be FREE to the public.

The event is THIS SATURDAY from 1pm to 5 pm at the Memphis Botanic Garden. There will be several special guests and key note speakers, including Miss Memphis. One of the organizations that we sponsor as a philanthropy is The Girl Scout Council. They are expecting tons of children and girl scouts to attend. There will also be a petting zoo and many vendor booths.

I will not be able to attend the event because I live so far away, but I wanted to invite all the women and girls I know to attend. I know that the Union Homecoming is also this weekend, and several of you will be there, but if you are going to be in Memphis this weekend, I hope you will stop by and help celebrate this event with some other amazing women!


The cost is FREE!!
THIS SATURDAY November 13th
Time:1:00-5:00
Memphis Botanic Garden
750 Cherry Road
Memphis, TN 38117

No comments: