Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oral Care Challenge



I am very fortunate to be able to team up with Mom Central, Listerine, America's Toothfairy and Reach to help raise awareness of Pediatric Dental Disease. We were sent this amazing package of products, and a kit to "Trick or Treat for America's Toothfairy". We were given a kit to take with us around the neighborhood as we trick or treated, and collect donations to send in to America's Toothfairy, as they help provide care for children who might not otherwise receive it. 


In addition, my family and I have taken the LISTERINE Oral Care Challenge. Our goal is to make sure that each child and family member is brushing (for the proper amount of time), flossing, and using mouthwash TWICE a day for three weeks. This isn't a difficult challenge, as this is our routine anyway. As the mother of three young boys, I KNOW how hard it is to make sure they are all brushing properly twice per day. The mornings are especially hectic, and at night, we are all exhausted.


One of the things that we do to make this fun, and to keep order at the sink, is that they take turns. They all love to sing, so one person sings a song while another person brushes. They brusher can't stop until the song is over. This ensures they have brushed thoroughly and well. They love doing this, and it eliminated fighting over people splashing one another or whatever the reason was, and now they think it is fun. I also require the oldest who homeschools and the youngest in half day kindergarten to brush three times per day, after each meal. The middle son gets his third time in when he gets home from school! Using the rinse agent at the end ensures any germs in hard to reach areas are also killed.


I think the week following Halloween is the perfect time to start this challenge, since I am certain I don't have the only children begging to eat their candy on a daily basis. They are allowed a certain number of items, then we brush. I am especially fond of the Listerine Pre-Brush Rinse that colors their teeth and shows them EXACTLY where they need to brush better. I recall having to eat some kind of red drop at the dentist as a child that did the same thing. It is nice that it is available for home use now!





“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of LISTERINE and REACH and received products to take the Oral Care Challenge. Mom Central Consulting also sent me a Global Giving gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

No comments: