Thursday, December 16, 2010

Book Tour: The Topkapi Secret

Topkapi Cover

I am so excited to be participating in the book tour for The Topkapi Secret. I am a huge fan of books and stories set in foreign countries. I would love to be able to travel and see these places in person when my kids get older, but until then I am content with reading books about life in other countries.

In this story, the main character, Angela Hall, is researching women's issues in The Middle East. As I am sure most of us know, this is a highly controversial topic in many Middle Eastern communities, as the rights of women vary in each individual area. Angela meets a man on her journey, named Mohammed. He is on a mission of his own, concerning the Koran. The two of them ultimately fall in love, yet between their two dangerous journeys, they are being threatened by terrorists. In an area of the world where so little seems to cause such great violence, exploring these two topics specifically puts one at a higher risk of danger.

I was especially pleased with the way the author handled these storylines. This was a great read, and although I typically don't prefer strong language in my reading material, I do realize that there are certain storylines which require it. It was not in my opinion excessive, and could not be avoided in this instance to get the point across. Also, please feel free to visit their Facebook page!

***PLEASE NOTE: This novel has some language (an abusive man uses abusive language early in the book) and an intimate scene (necessary to the plot development late in the novel). Also, I was given a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Glass Road Public Relations, solely for review purposes. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.***

No comments: