Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

Last week, I touched on places to find coupons, so this week, we'll talk about how to store them. One of the first things you need to consider is how to organize your coupons in a way that works for you! There are dozens of methods out there, and don't be afraid to change it up, and don't feel obligated to use what works for others. Pick one that doesn't look too overwhelming, and start with that. As time goes on, you'll be able to tell what is and isn't working. Making changes to fit your unique shopping style will make using the coupons so much easier. Also, make sure it is portable. I personally use two check filing dividers, because I have found the box and album methods too bulky for me. I use one for food, and the other for general goods. The kind I selected (14 years ago!) are sturdy and have held up well, though the elastic band is getting worn on one:( Both fit in my purse, though recently I have started keeping them in my re-usable shopping bag so that I remember to take both coupons and my bag to the store with me. I keep the bag next to my purse, so I just grab it when I am going out the door, then I have it with me should I remember I need "just one thing" from the store, haha!

Here are a few of examples from Amazon, just to give you an idea:
1.  Hooks right onto the cart
2. Similar to what I use
3. More stylish

No comments: