Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recipe: Easy Crockpot Chili

Because it was 109 today, and forecast to be 114+ several days next week, I am dreaming of the cold, blizzard filled winter that we had. The kids have been asking for chili, but it is WAY too hot to make that. However, I am gathering my recipes because the FIRST day it is even 70, I will be making this for them, LOL:)


Easy Crockpot Chili
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 9oz cans tomato sauce
3 16 oz cans kidney beans, drained
14-1/4 oz can crushed or stewed, tomatoes
6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1. Brown meat in skillet. Add onion and green pepper halfway through. Drain grease. Pour into slow cooker when all meat is done.

2. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese.

3. Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 7-8 hours.

4. Serve in bowls and top with cheese.


**Note, I sometimes serve over fritos or cooked rice.

1 comment:

tarter95 said...

It has been in the mid 90's here...I think I will try this recipe..Thanks!!
Regina