Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Whale watching for beginners

Guest post written by Billy Bowerman

I think that I had never even heard anything about whale watching before I went on vacation. Then when we checked into our hotel and talked to the hotel concierge, she told us that whale watching would be one of the best things that we would do while we were on vacation. So after hearing all of that, we bought tickets for us to go on the whale watching cruise. Well, I actually did enjoy it a whole lot but it wasn't exactly what I had expected because there was so much waiting on the whales.
I did a bit of research for our vacation beforehand and while I was looking through some sites about local attractions I ran across the site http://hearingaids.miracle-ear.com/hearing_aid_prices.html. After I looked through it a little bit I went to a hearing aid center and got some.
I guess that we just expected to see whales everywhere and while I was looking to see them on the boat ride I thought that any break in the waves was going to be a whale. Well, once we did see a whale it was really exciting! But it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Living in San Diego, we've gone whale watching many times. There are certain months that you see much more activity (when they're migrating through).

We're going whale watching in 2 days, but I always think of it as a fun boat ride. If we see whales it's a bonus. :)