Monday, August 8, 2011

Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops

Going through my recipe cards planning for next week's menu, I came across something I haven't cooked in a while. I am not a fan of pork chops, dating back to my childhood, which my mother can attest to. Actually, I loathe them. But, Nick and the kids like them, and I have these other ingredients on hand, so I am adding it to the meal plan. Nutritionally it meets the special requirements Nick and Aaron both have, so it works out well for me too in that respect. Other than that, it's fast, easy to prepare, and pretty diet-friendly. You could even try to make it easier on your waistline by checking out Sensa; read these Sensa reviews to learn more! Enjoy!

Blackberry-Sauced Pork Chops

Prep/Total Time: 30 Min.
Yield: 4 Servings

1/2 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
Dash ground cinnamon
4 Boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
2 teaspoons steak seasoning
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup fresh blackberries

In a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, lemon juice, soy sauce, and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until spreadable fruit is melted. Remove from heat; set aside.

Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large non-stick skiilet coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook chops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Serve with sauce and blackberries.

No comments: