Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Book Review: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Book Review: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Last month I was browsing around on Netgalley looking at what new books they had, and came across this book. It looked like an interesting read, and is from a publishing company I trust and am familiar with, so I requested an ebook copy to read.

I loved this story, and don't want to spoil it for anyone, so here's a quick Book Description from GoodReads:

"Jesse is looking for the "right guy." When she bumps into Ethan, a despairing writer who she inspires, she thinks she's found him. But only moments later she meets Troy, a successful advertising executive who makes almost every moment romantic. Both seem perfect, but things are not always what they seem. My Girlfriend's Boyfriend is a fun romance that blends warm sincerity with fresh storytelling."


I have to say that I wasn't aware that this was a movie also until I began preparing for this review. THEN I found out that it was a movie first, then the book was written. That isn't always a successful flow, but it definitely worked in this situation. This book was clean, fresh, and made me laugh. I definitely felt the characters were easy to relate to and enjoyed the story. This would make a great quick read if you are needing a book to pick you up and leave you with a positive feeling.

***Disclosure: I received a complimentary e-book copy of this book from Cedar Fort Publishing. This was not a solicited review, a positive opinion was not required, and all opinions expressed are 100% mine***

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've seen the movie, and was wondering if the book would hold up. Now I'm definitely reading it.

Petula said...

I hadn't heard of the book or the movie. Great review; it entices me to go out and get the book AND the movie.