Friday, August 5, 2011

Book Tour: Homeward by Melody Carson

Book Tour: Homeward by Melody Carlson

When I saw the opportunity to participate in a book tour for Melody Carlson, I was thrilled! I am a huge fan of her work, and I own copies of many of the 200+ books she has written. The rest are on my paperback-swap wish list;) So, it is no surprise that I LOVED this book! It is full of surprises, twists, and turns, and as usual, I stayed up into the wee hours of the night captivated by the story, and couldn't stop reading to the end. This is fabulous on my Kindle now that I have a spiffy leather cover with a reading light;) This story is one that I think anyone can relate to because it details Meg, who returns home after a long period of time to her dysfunctional family, and let's face it, every family has some level of dysfunction and family secrets! The story of how she returned to her religious roots is fascinating and very moving.

Book Description:

From bestselling author Melody Carlson comes this award-winning story of three generations of Lancaster women. For twenty years Meg Lancaster has avoided Briar Hedge, the Lancaster family estate. Now she has been drawn back to her grandmother's home to uncover secrets that have been hidden for decades and to try to regain the family she long ago abandoned.

This Melody Carlson novel was a RITA award winner and is now available as an e-book for $2.99!

Author Bio: 
Melody Carlson
Melody Carlson has published over 200 books, making her one of the top 20 most prolific authors of all time. With total sales of over 1.4 million her award- winning books include: Homeward, Love Finds You in Sisters, Oregon; Limelight; the Diary of a Teenage Girl series; the True Colors series; and the Charter House Girls series.

Melody has worn many hats: from pre-school teacher to political activist to senior editor. Currently, she writes full-time, and freelances from her home. She has two grown sons and lives in Sisters, Oregon with her husband, Chris, and Bailey, her chocolate lab.

***Disclosure: I received a complementary Kindle copy of this book from Glass Road Public Relations to facilitate my review. No positive opinion was required and no further compensation was exchanged. All opinions expressed are solely mine and were not influenced in any way***

1 comment:

Paula Robinson said...

I am not sure if I have read any of her books, but I am going to have check her out!