Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Preschooler Plumbing Problems

If you are the parent of a preschooler, I hope you can relate to my pain of plumbing problems that they cause. Whether they are flushing non-flushable wipes, rolls of unwrapped toilet paper, mom's "special" items they found under the counter, hot wheels, or any other toy; they ALL tend to get stuck in the pipes and back them up. Oh yes, the lovely sewer water that backs up into the shower and bath tubs. If you are "lucky" you aren't IN the shower when this happens. Because while it is gross anytime, it IS worse if you happen to find yourself STANDING in it.

The week we moved into our house in 2007, ours backed up. As first time homeowners, it was our first experience dealing with this issue, and we knew no one in the area to ask for a reference, so we called Roto Rooter; mainly because we were familiar with their commercials on TV. They were fast, efficient, and found tons of feminine products in the line, courtesy of the former home owners.

The second time we had a plumbing issue, was shortly thereafter, when Logan decided he was ready to potty train at 2, and he used, then flushed baby wipes. While we were thrilled that he got the procedure correct all on his own, we weren't so happy that we had to call Roto Rooter back out. Not that they aren't great, because they are, but no one WANTS to call a plumber and explain that yet again, your pipes are clogged.

The third time we had a problem, Logan flushed hot wheels down the toilet, just to see what would happen....is anyone seeing a theme here? LOL. We did have the child proof toilet locks on the toilets, but he had those figured out. He even knew how to unlock it for Aaron, who due to his OT issues couldn't work the locks, at 36 months older than Logan.

The fourth time we had a problem, it wasn't a child related issue *YAY* but this time it was worse. As some of my long time readers know, our pipes from the city line to our home froze in January, and it backed up through our dishwasher and was flooding the house. I had wisely left the washing machine AND the dishwasher running when we went to bed during a blizzard. (Note to self: DON'T DO THAT AGAIN). Roto Rooter again came to the rescue, in the middle of a blizzard to fix the plumbing issue. I only wish that the companies hired by our insurance afterwards for repairs were as professional, prompt, and courteous as our friendly familiar Roto Rooter plumbers. Yes, I have the number programmed into the phone at this point, and yes they know my name when I call, LOL!

So, even though this IS a sponsored post, these sadly, are true stories. All opinions expressed are true and 100% mine. If you have a child like mine, who likes to, or accidentally tends to frequently flush inappropriate things, then you probably have a similar relationship with your plumber as well. When I see campaigns such as this one, with services from a company I have used and had a positive experience with, I always sign up to participate so I can let them know just how much I appreciate the help they have given us over the years.


****Disclosure: This is a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.***

6 comments:

Paula Robinson said...

AH, the dreaded plumbing call. Knock on wood, my kids have not decided to start flushing things down the toilet. I hope they never do!

Michele said...

Oh my when I saw this in the twitter feed, I really thought I was going to find a post about internal "plumbing" problems your preschooler was suffering from. Preschool teacher tend to think along those lines...LOL
Thanks for sharing!
Michele

mamawolfe said...

When I read your post, the first thing I thought of was how little kids either stick things up their nose, in their ear, or down the toilet!
http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

Kaloy said...

Well i believe this is one of the common disaster kids bring, hahaha(i did bring the same problem to my parents too). Then the dreaded part here is knowing that plumbing job means expenses. I really don't have idea on how to overcome this problem though. Kids will always be kids. Thanks for sharing.
plumber Adelaide

rgfairpurification said...

Air Purifier are especially important to people who suffer from asthma, allergies, or other sensitivities to air pollutants. It helps to purify the air as well as quality of Air purifier.

Azfireandice said...

Air conditioners feature effective, air-purifying filtration systems to reduce bacteria, dust, particularly benefitting those who suffer from allergies and respiratory problems. Our Air Conditioning Service Phoenix business is one of the best service provider for AC repair Services.