Monday, August 1, 2011

Review: 101 Gourmet Cake Bites

Where do I even begin with this cookbook? First of all, there can only be great things coming from a cookbook promising 101 ways to make Gourmet Cake Bites, and I was not disappointed. I received a complimentary digital version of this cookbook to facilitate my review, and I kept turning the virtual pages saying, "mmmm, that's my favorite! No wait, THAT's my favorite!" and on and on. Would it be Key Lime Pie? Lemon Cream Pie? Pink Lemonade? Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup? Even More Smore? Cookies and Cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie? American Apple Pie? Browned Butter? Candy Cane? Southern Red Velvet? I finally decided if I was going to choose 1 as my ultimate favorite, it would be:

Cookies and Cream
The best of both world. Dark smooth chocolate with cream. A perfect treat anytime, anywhere.
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix together cake mix, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Batter will be thick.
Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28–32 minutes
or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and cool
completely. Crumble cake into small, even pieces, placing crumbs in a large bowl.
Crumble cake into small, even pieces, placing crumbs in a large bowl.
add
1 cup Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (126) or Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (125)
1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
With the back of a spoon, mix together cake crumbles with other
ingredients until a thick dough consistency forms. Shape into evenly sized cake bites
(xi) and cool 1–2 hours in the refrigerator, or 20 minutes in the freezer. Dip into
dark melting chocolate (xii). Top with crushed cookie crumbs.


My original plan was to make this recipe over the weekend since I knew I'd be posting this on a Monday. But, the sickness got the best of me Thursday night, and I just wasn't up to cooking. This cookbook is full of so many more recipes than what I listed, and also has adorable Theme Decorating suggestions, Tips on Hiding Icing Inside the Little Bites, and so much more!

Since I couldn't make any to take pictures of, I found the website of the Author, Wendy Paul, and she blogs at Wendy Paul Creations. She is hosting a MONTH of giveaways on her site, and I can't wait to enter them all! But back to my point, (sorry got distracted by the cute cupcakes, haha!) she has photos of all of her wonderful cookbooks posted on her page, and you can see these fantastic cakebites featured in the very first one! They are so cute you just want to gobble them up! (I know it's a bad pun, but I'm on medication, so forgive me, lol).

101 Gourmet Cake Bites will be released on August 8, and would make a superb wedding or holiday gift this year, and is very afford-ably priced.

***Disclosure: I received a complimentary digital copy of this cookbook to facilitate my review. No other compensation was exchanged. All opinions expressed are 100% mine and have not been influenced in any way.***

No comments: