Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Book Review: Pilate's Cross

Book Review: Pilate's Cross by J. Alexander Greenwood

This book is based on a true story. If you enjoy mysteries, crime stories, drama, conspiracy theories, or real life stories, this is THE book for you! 


This is the story of John Pilate. He is a college professor, teaching at a college in the small midwestern town of Cross, Nebraska. (I live in a small midwestern town, only in Oklahoma....crime stories set in towns like mine freak me out!). Pilate isn't the most popular person in town, by any means, and he is bored....until he stumbles on a murder conspiracy from about 40 years previous (JFK Assassination era). Obviously the county sheriff gets his toes stepped on and is keeping a close eye on him. Eventually they begin working together, and find MORE strange things (I don't want to spoil anything!). 


I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil the story, should you read it. While stories of this nature absolutely freak me out (and always have), I still love them and can't stop reading them (as in I always look for more, and once I start one, I stay up until I finish the book even if it's 3 am. Sometimes because I am too freaked out to sleep and have to know what is going to happen at the end!).


For more information, you can visit the Pilate's Cross Homepage, purchase a copy of Pilate's Cross from Amazon or Smashwords, or visit the page on Facebook.





***Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of Pilate's Cross to facilitate my review. No positive opinion was requested nor required, all opinions expressed are solely mine and were not influenced in any manner. No monetary compensation was exchanged.***

No comments: