Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to Choose a Good Razor

Stockbyte/Getty Image

Men shave, women shave, it's something many of us have to endure. Some of us though, have to deal with razor-burn or in grown hairs, or other shaving related issues, and we have to develop tips and tricks that make this into more of an art form to prevent these problems.

Here are a few tips and tricks that work for me, and hopefully will work for you, should you have similar issues:
  1. Shave at the END of your bath or shower. The heat, steam, and water will make your skin softer and you will get a better, closer shave.
  2. You shaving cream, not just soap. You can almost always find deals and coupons to get this for very little. The kind formulated for women, specifically sensitive skin, work best for me. I have gotten many cans for free playing the drugstore games, and haven't actually paid for any in years. I can use any of the current brands available, so I just get whatever I have a coupons to work a deal with, and stock up.
  3. I also don't need a specific brand of safety razor, any will work just fine for me. I do have some that I like better than others, so I try to stock up on those when they are on sale, but if I see a freebie deal on another kind, I won't pass them up!
  4. Shave in the direction of the hair growth. Depending on the area you are shaving, you may have to go over the area more than once to get all the directions. Go slowly and make sure you are using a sharp razor. If the blade gets dull, you are more prone to nicks, razor burn, and in grown hairs.
  5. I always apply lotion after I dry off to keep my legs soft. I also have dry skin on my legs, so keeping them soft with lotion consistently makes shaving so much easier!
Some of my friends always suggest waxing instead, but I have super sensitive skin, and allergy issues. I am allergic to the waxes I have tried, and shaving is SO MUCH better than dealing with an allergic reaction! If you have any other tips and tricks that you'd like to share, feel free to leave them in the comments, I'd love to hear them.

***Disclosure: I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was
compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.***




No comments: