Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Almost Game Time!!!

I cannot express to you just how EXCITED I AM THAT FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE! In our house, we are DIEHARD Florida Gator Fans, though we do enjoy some Oklahoma Sooner Football, and even some Memphis Tiger Football (though they sadly hardly ever win, LOL). In Professional Football, Nick loves the Chicago Bears and I love the Green Bay Packers! To say that Football gets heated in our house, is a massive understatement of epic proportions.

We rarely miss the televised games of our favorite teams, and often watch other teams just because we enjoy the game. We watch practically all the Football related TV shows and movies, and I love reading books about football, the players, and the coaches.

When you combine our passion for football with our desire to enjoy Family Friendly movies on television, you can just imagine my excitement when I found out the latest P&G Family Movie Tackling The Past was coming on THIS Saturday night! All other activity stopped and I IMMEDIATELY signed up to participate because this is a perfect fit for me.

In order to be able to write for you about it, we were given early access to the movie online, and I can't stop watching it. I LOVE IT. I will be recording it on the DVR Saturday to watch time and again, and will definitely purchase it, if it sells exclusively at Walmart like some of the others in their series have. I included the movie description below for you because while I certainly hope you'll watch it, I don't want to spoil it. Plus I could go on and on and on about everything I like about this movie! Did I mention how excited I was that football season is here? BECAUSE I AM.

I'd also like to say a special thanks to P&G for making these Family Friendly movies. It's very pleasing to see such a large company making a bold move in support of family time. I have really enjoyed each one so far, and hope there are many more to come!

Movie Description:
Pro football star Jake Walker is just one season away from setting an all-time receiving record that will guarantee him a spot in the Hall of Fame. But when he gets news that his father has suffered a serious heart attack, Jake leaves training camp and returns to Riverton, the small hometown he's avoided for nearly 15 years.  Past memories of glory and regret resurface as Jake is forced to reconnect with the family and community he abandoned in pursuit of his career. A call from his agent delivers another crushing blow - Jake's contract will not be renewed. Stripped from the thing he cares about most, the real Jake begins to emerge from behind his armor to see that life proves more than the accumulation of personal stats. But when he's offered a lucrative new contract with another team, he must decide whether to go back to the career he thought he loved, or stay in Riverton and embrace the people who have always been there for him.

Game Time: Tackling the Past PREMIERS THIS SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3 at 8pm Eastern, 7pm Central! For more information, please visit the Official Movie Night Website or Family Movie Night Facebook Page.

“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of P&G and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

1 comment:

Mama Luvs Books said...

Yay! College Ball is BACK! Go Sooners!!!!