Friday, October 7, 2011

Activia Selects

As parents, we are all so busy, that often it seems we meet ourselves coming and going. This makes it difficult for us to make nutritious choices for ourselves on a consistent basis. Sometimes your starving and you just need a quick bit to tide you over until meal time. Stopping to go through the drive thru often is not the healthiest option, so if you're like me, you keep a cooler in the car for such occasions. I know I've mentioned this before, but this really is what I do. I like cold water, so I make sure to always have some in my cooler and something healthy to snack on.



I've also mention that I had some health issues over the past couple of years, including being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. When I am hurting, which is often, it becomes very difficult to exercise. So, it is crucial that I control my diet to the best of my ability, to try and maintain or even improve my health. The nutritionist I take Aaron to, had suggested to me that I try Activia Selects a while back, because when consistently eaten over time (at least 2 weeks) you'll start to notice some benefits. I was skeptical, and loyal to my favorite brand and type of yogurt. I didn't want to try anything different. Then, I saw the offer to participate in this campaign, and it was like a light flashing at me, saying APPLY, GET THE FREE PRODUCT COUPON....TRY THIS. So I did, and was accepted, and then obligated to try it. I don't know why that makes it easier for me to try certain things, but it does, LOL:) When the coupon came in the mail, I went to the grocery and got the French Cherry Flavor. To my delight, it was delightful and tasty.

Once I knew I liked the Activia and was willing to eat it (y'all know I am a picky eater!), I went back and bought a two week supply. If it tastes good, I am willing to try it the two weeks and see if it helps improve my issues. I'd eat it anyway because I like it and it's more nutritious than chips, ice cream, etc. but if it actually helps me feel better, that would be perfect. I am nearing the end of the two week period, and I have to say that I am in fact noticing a positive difference. I would recommend that if you are having any digestive issues that you look into this to see if it helps you as well. Even if you're not, it is a tasty and nutritious snack that I think you'll be glad you discovered.

Also, you'll notice I turned the blog background pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Dannon is also going pink. They will donate $0.10 for each under-the-lid code, up to $1.5 million, that is entered at www.cupsofhope.com before Dec 31, to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). NBCF will use the money to fund mammograms for women across the country who can't afford them, and will help support research programs across the country in search of a cure. Codes are found on specially marked Activia, Activia Selects, Light & Fit, Dannon Oikos, and other Dannon Brand Products. *Activia Selects and Oikos Single Serve Products will include an additional donation of $0.10, totaling $0.20 per code entered.

“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Dannon Activia Selects Yogurt Series and received a coupon to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.”

No comments: