Monday, October 31, 2011

Book Review: Splitting Washington


I have found a new favorite author. I have long been a fan of John Grisham and his legal thrillers, so I was pretty sure I was going to enjoy Splitting Washington when I started reading it. I was not disappointed. This thriller is fast paced, and very current. It shows an insiders view of working on political campaigns, specifically presidential campaigns, and how strategies are used to manipulate votes, and campaign workers are dispensable. There are twists and turns in this book that you will NOT see coming, though with all the political upheaval we are currently experiencing, you can see just how realistic many of these thoughts and ideas are. I was so into this book that I stayed up until 4 am reading it, and then had to be up again at 6. Once I finished it, I immediately purchased his other works and downloaded them to my kindle.

Daniel Koehler is the author of three novels, a novella, a volume of short stories, and seven screenplays. His works have appeared in The Birmingham Arts Journal, The Storyteller, New Works Review, Defenestration Magazine, publications of the University of Notre Dame, and alumni pieces in the Harvard Bulletin. His screenplays have been finalists in international competitions.

You can learn more about this author and/or purchase his work via the following links: Splitting Washington, Publisher Site, Lit Website, Business Web.

***Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate my review, no monetary compensation was exchanged. No positive review was requested or required, all opinions expressed are solely mine and were not influenced in any manner.

No comments: