Saturday, October 29, 2011

Book Tour: True Grime




Book Details:
Genre:Young Adult Urban Fantasy/Mystery
Publisher: Blueberry Hill
Publication Date: August 2011



Review:
I should start by emphasizing that I normally don't enjoy Urban Fantasy books, and try to steer clear of them. When I signed up for this tour, I thought it was for a mystery/crime book, and it was, it just had the urban fantasy theme as well. BUT, it wasn't bad. The story faces head on the issue of human interaction, and how bullies and cliques can have a negative impact on people, and makes the Faerie wonder if humanity is worth saving. I did enjoy the story, and I LOVE reading mysteries and crime solving novels on cold, rainy days. As part of the story, human Pepper has to go back to school and deal not only with the teenagers, but also difficult teachers. I loved her sass! I don't want to go into too much detail about the story that she is solving, because I hate when stories are ruined for me with too much detail. I have included the synopsis below for you, and links where you can purchase a copy of the book for yourself:) I do recommend it for everyone, obviously those who enjoy the fantasy genre will like it, but it wasn't soooo far out there than non-fantasy readers won't like it as well. If you enjoy mystery/crime stories, then you'll want to add this to your reading list as well.

Synopsis:
Grime cop and teen fairy Pepper Powder lives for one thing: protecting the human species from magical zealots who seek to eradicate them with Violent Illness of Unusual Resistance and Strength (humans call them “viruses,” but their mistake is understandable. The very young often get their words wrong.). When a terrorist leader releases a necrophage bomb, it not only decimates Grime headquarters, it turns Pepper into the magical world’s first fairy amputee—but she’s not going to let a little thing like a missing leg stop her. To catch her criminal, and prevent him from unleashing a VIURS in one of the human world’s biggest shopping centers, West Edmonton Mall, she goes undercover as a human. But once Pepper's theories of humanity collide with the reality of bullies, cliques, and environmental destruction, will she still believe humanity's worth saving?

Author Bio:
When I was little, there was only one thing I wanted to be: a superhero. But there came a day when my dreams were broken, and that was the day I realized that being a klutz was not, in fact, a super power, and my super weakness for anything bright and shiny meant a magpie with self-control could easily defeat me in a battle of wills. I turned to writing as a way to sharpen my mental super-hero skills. I don’t get to orbit the earth in a space station (and thank God, because I get sick on merry go round), but I do get to say things like: “Stand aside! This is a job for Writing Girl!!”

Connect With Natasha:
The Next Stop:
November 1-The Top Shelf (Guest Post)

Purchase Links

1 comment:

Natasha Deen said...

Thank you so much for the lovely review! So glad you enjoyed the book. :-)