Monday, November 14, 2011

Auntie Anne's At Home Baking Kit

I LOVE pretzels, and Auntie Anne's is my favorite. Every time we go to the mall, I must have one. So, of course when I saw an opportunity to test the At Home Baking Kit (which I didn't even know existed!) I had to sign up to participate! I was so excited when the kit arrived so I could test out some of the recipes. Then, I burned my hand trying another cooking experiment for a different product and I had to wait! Devastation. Today, however, I was ready to make some Pretzel Cinnamon Rolls when the boys overruled me and begged for Pretzel Dogs! So, here's how it went:


 First, I let the yeast soak in some water for a couple of minutes, then added the dough. I mixed it up by hand and then transferred it to the cutting board, covered in a light layer of flour.
 Then, I kneaded it until it made a nice ball. I set it in a warm area for 30 minutes to rise. (NOTE: Since we switched to hot dogs, I used that time to go to the store to buy the hot dogs, LOL)
 When I got back, I took the dough out of the bowl and cut it into strips, then rolled it out to about the width of my finger. I wrapped the strips around the hot dogs, dipped them into the baking soda solution, patted dry, and placed onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. (Note: My dad suggested next time, I wrap the hot dogs in bacon and cheese before wrapping. I don't know about all that, but we'll see. PS if you know my dad, don't tell him I mentioned him here, he doesn't like when people talk about him on "the facebook" or "the internet" LOL.
 This is the finished product. Lucky for me I got it immediately after I took them out of the oven, because those things were devoured in minutes by my kids!
This is Aaron giving his official 2 Thumbs Up rating. He wants to know when we can review these again because he really enjoyed them! Fortunately, I can buy the mix. For a complete list of retailers, you can visit http://auntieannes.com/products/bakingkit/bakingkitretailers.aspx.

You can find this and several other recipes to make using the At Home Baking Kit at Auntie Anne's Recipes. They are also on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Disclosure: "I wrote this review while participating in a Blog Friendly PR campaign on behalf of Auntie Annes. I received a sample for my participation, all opinions are my own!"

1 comment:

Sherry & Mike said...

My boys love the Auntie Ann's baking it too. Since we live in the country we don't get to the mall much at all. However this kit helps with our cravings. I love the pic of your son with two thumbs up! Priceless!

Sherry
City Chic on a Farm