Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas

Author: Joseph Sandoval

My husband and I have been planning on buying our children a large swing-set for Christmas for almost nine months. We have two kids, and they are just now getting to the ages that they can enjoy a swing-set outside. They are three and five years old. Because we have been saving for this gift, we have tried to pinch pennies when we can. We recently switched to fixed-rate energy through TEXAS Electricity Providers as a way to more easily balance our budget. My husband, who is a middle school math teacher, has started tutoring after school. I am a nurse, and I have tried to pick up a few extra shifts here and there to earn some extra money as well. I know that our oldest, a boy, has been thinking about a playground for about six months. He started asking me if we could buy a playground, and he loves to go to the park and play on the huge jungle gym. He is very active, and I think it would be a great gift that he could enjoy for years to come. I remember when I was a child and the fun that my sisters and I had playing and swinging on the tiny swing-set in our backyard.

No comments: