Monday, November 28, 2011

Cubby Storage

When you have children, you figure out pretty quickly that you need some type of cubby storage system to contain the mass quantity of toys that are soon going to take over your home. It doesn't matter if you have boys or girls, they all come with a various assortment of toys in all shapes and sizes.

For us, I opted for plastic tubs in the bottom of the kids closets. I put the larger items around the wall on the floor, and have the toys in the tubs categorized by type. We have little people related items in one tub, cars in one, legos in one, and superheroes in another. It also worked out really well to put all the Thomas train set items in one container, and tracks for racing cars in another. I found a trash can to use for plastic swords and light sabers. Having three boys who love Star Wars means we have a ton of light sabers!

If I had it to do over again, I'd opt for a better solution for puzzles, games, and the legos. Right now, I just have them in gallon size ziplock bags, and they are piled in a box in the hall linen closet. It functions, just not as efficiently as I'd like.

1 comment:

lolataylor1988 said...

My twin daughters, or I like to say "divas" are coming upon their second birthday. And I am having issues with storage. I am pregnant again and I fear that my organization problem is going to be out of control. Do you have any tips on buying effective cubby storage? I know that can seem like a silly question but I really want to find good quality cubby storage for reasonable price.