Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tea Collection

When it comes to giving my kids Christmas gifts, I have always followed a particular pattern. For us, the focus of Christmas needs to be on Christ, and not centered on gifts, so we do not overdo it. I typically get each child one pair of pajamas to open Christmas Eve, one Christmas ornament, one book, one game, one toy, and one new outfit. Sometimes though, this year specifically, Aaron has finally hit a tiny growth spurt (height, not weight, unfortunately), and he is outgrowing all of his pajama bottoms. In situations such as that, I will buy several pairs of pajamas in his current size, and 1-2 sizes ahead while they are deeply discounted for holiday sales, and put the larger sizes up until he is ready for them.

For my nieces, I tend to send them one pair of girls pajamas, and either a game or toy, and a book. Reading is important to me, and I hope to pass along my love for books to my kids and my nieces. Since I don't have daughters, I get to enjoy picking out cute, pink clothes for my nieces on their birthdays and at Christmas. I mean, I guess I could try to put my boys in pink, but they probably wouldn't go for that.

1 comment:

Jayne Townsley said...

I love your gift choices! I think I'm going to copy that. :)