Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pretty Little Liars


A friend of mine just introduced me to the show Pretty Little Liars not too long ago. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it airs on ABC Family, and is listed as a mystery-thriller Teen Drama, though many adults that I know enjoy it as well. However, until I was researching this article, I had no idea that it was based on a series of novels. Since I am such an avid reader, you can guarantee that I will be looking into acquiring these books!



My favorite episode so far has to be the Pilot episode from Season 1. While it is possible to watch, enjoy, and understand this series without having seen the pilot, for me, knowing the background of the story makes the series that much more enjoyable. The premise of the show is that a high-school clique has fallen apart, and their "leader" has disappeared. The former "clique" members begin receiving mysterious messages full of their secrets, signed only "A". They think the messages are from their missing friend. Until she turns up dead. Now they are not only scared, but have no idea who knows and is willing to expose their secrets.

This is my favorite because it is the basis for the entire season. You get introduced to all of the characters, and then follow along from there. I was very excited when it got renewed for a third season, and I can't wait for it to air.

“Missed some of the nail-biting suspense from last season? Make sure to get all caught up here: http://bit.ly/tupDF8" The new season premiers Jan 2 at 8/7c on ABC Family.

"I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for 'Pretty Little Liars.'"

No comments: