Monday, December 12, 2011

Rizzoli and Isles

Rizzoli and Isles is a crime drama that airs on TNT Monday nights at 10/9c. I have loved this show since the pilot episode, and I DVR it each week. I originally started watching it because Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander are two of my favorite actresses. Then I found out Lorraine Brocco was in it as well, and I knew I'd be hooked. I wasn't wrong. It comes on right as I'm putting the kids to bed at 9, so I like to make sure I don't miss the beginning! I can put the kids to bed, do my last minute chores around the house, then settle in for some mommy time and enjoy my show in peace and quiet before I go to bed.



I watch several crime dramas on TV, because I enjoy them. This one is one of my favorites though because it isn't too gory and bloody. You get the mystery and the solving of the crime without the excess gore. I love to watch the creative process that the characters go through as they are trying to solve the crime that occurs in each episode. Plus, this show has some romance and comedy mixed in, and that makes it fun:) Yeah, it has the drama and mystery, but the addition of romance and comedy make it unique in my opinion.

A new episode airs tonight at 10/9c on TNT, and I can't wait! A sneak peak of tonight's episode, Seventeen Ain't So Sweet can be found here. Rizzoli gets to go back to her high school reunion, when her classmates start turning up dead. Fortunately she has brought Isles with her, and they have to solve the mystery. What I am most looking forward to though, is the interaction between the characters. Sure, it's a show where they are solving a crime, but I just enjoy watching how the actresses interact with one another. Not to mention, Casey, Rizzoli's former flame is back, and she and Isles are doing what girlfriends do best, and talking about how she can get the man of her dreams! I don't think it will happen tonight though. Maybe, but I doubt it. He's a recurring guest star, and realistically, they won't get together until he's a regular cast member. But, it's fun to watch them flirt with one another in the mean time:)

Synopsis:

Jane attends her high school reunion and brings Maura along for the ride, but the fun is cut short when one of her old classmates turns up dead on the football field. Jane must focus on the past when she realizes that everyone in her class is a potential suspect. Meanwhile, Korsak gets a visit from ex-wife Melody Patterson (recurring guest star LOLITA DAVIDOVICH), who hopes he'll invest in her new business. Plus, recurring guest star CHRIS VANCE returns as Sgt. Major Charles 'Casey' Jones, an old flame of Jane's, and recurring guest star MATTHEW DEL NEGRO appears as Angela's car mechanic, Giovanni, who has eyes for Maura.

If you haven't seen the show, you can check it out here http://bit.ly/lnDvyi! For more information on the show, be sure to visit their website! The first season is also available now on DVD.
"I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for 'Rizzoli and Isles.'"

No comments: