Monday, December 5, 2011

Vessel Sinks

Despite the year we've had with major issues needing repair and the house flooding this year, we were fortunate that insurance and/or warranty covered many of the items. The one room that suffered NO damage is the one that needs upgrades the most. That is our 2nd bathroom, that the boys use. It is in desperate need of a remodel.

The guy who lived here before us, apparently undertook many home improvement projects on his own. The issue is, he didn't know what he was doing, and did many things improperly. For example, he laid tile over linoleum, and didn't use the right materials, so it looks bad. He also put in a new sink and vanity, but didn't get it level, and the pipes were leaky within a couple of months of us moving in because he didn't use the proper sealant.

Due to the costs of the other repairs we've had this year, we don't have any surplus left to replace the items in that bathroom, so we've just been doing repairs as needed. However, that doesn't stop me from browsing the stores and websites making my wishlist of items that I want when we are able to replace these items. I spend hours watching home improvement shows, and I think I am leaning towards a vessel sink and a vessel faucet, but if I get those in the 2nd bathroom, then I'll want to get matching vessel sinks for the Master Bath as well so they are all the same.

I'd love to know if any of you have had vessel sink faucets before, and what you think of them before I get to the point where I am ready to make that investment. Do they work well? Are they convenient to use, or is it awkward having them raised? Are they easy to clean?

No comments: