Sunday, December 11, 2011

Writing the future of Smallville

I must admit when I saw my assignment for Smallville this week, it made me giggle. Just last week I was talking about the things I would have changed if I were a writer for the show, then this weeks assignment is to respond to the questions, "If you were the writer for the next episode of the next season, what would happen? What does the future look like in Smallville?"


I have to say first and foremost that I realize that I don't have a "big picture" of the Superman story-line because I am not a sci-fi or comic book fan, and I don't know the whole story. My knowledge is based solely on what I saw in the movies, and what I saw during the show Smallville. So, I realize that my perspective is somewhat skewed and that my views are likely different from many others, particularly those who have read and followed the story from its origination in the comic books.

With all of that said, I will give you my opinion on the changes that someone with my background of the story has. I am also someone who doesn't like series that I love to end. So, if I were writing it, there would definitely be more seasons. I'd start by having Lois and Clark get married and have kids! Superman would restore faith in the citizens that superheroes can be good guys, and he'd be the enforcer. I'd love to see the series focus on their family life and how people can live happily ever after when they have met and married their soul mate, even if he is a superhero.

If you too are a fan of Smallville, don't forget that you can purchase the 10th Season on DVD or The Complete Series now!

"I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for 'Smallville.'"

No comments: